Friendly, Fast Service
Is your air conditioning system providing inadequate air cooling? Does your AC central air unit shut on and off repeatedly or does it not run at all? Whatever the problem, Lochard’s friendly professional technicians can quickly diagnose and repair AC problems on all brands and types of heating and cooling equipment.
AC Unit Not Working? Try This First
1. Check the settings on your thermostat. The system switch should be on Cool. The fan switch should be set at On for continuous blower operation or Auto if you want the blower to function only while the unit is operating.
2. Is your furnace plugged in or is the power switch turned on? The air conditioner needs the furnace to circulate the air.
3. Is the air conditioning disconnect or breaker turned on?
4. Are the air registers open?
5. Is the condensing unit running? The condensing unit is the outside portion of the air conditioner (the big box outside with the fan on top).
Still not working? Contact Lochard today. Our friendly, professional technicians can quickly diagnose and repair air conditioning problems on all brands and types of cooling equipment.
Maintenance Tips for an AC Unit
Here are a few maintenance tips to help keep your air conditioner running efficiently.
Air conditioners are designed for a 20-degree temperature differential. When it is 105 degrees outside, be happy if it is 85 degrees in your house.
You should change or wash your filters on a regular schedule. We recommend at least three times a year depending on the activity in your home.
Keep the condensing unit unobstructed to allow ample air flow around the unit. Cut down bushes and other vegetation at least 12 inches back from the air conditioner.
Do not build sheds or decks over the air conditioner.
Have your air conditioner maintained annually by a qualified service technician. The best way to do that is with one of our Protune Service Agreements.
Quality Service Since 1945
To have a job done right the first time, you call in the experts. At Lochard, we’re passionate about performing quality HVAC repairs and installations. Our team has proudly serviced homes in the Greater Sidney area since 1945.
HVAC PROTUNE Maintenance Plan
Just like your car, your heating and air conditioning system also requires an annual tune-up. By having your equipment cleaned and calibrated regularly, you can maximize your energy usage, keep your fuel bills to a minimum, prolong the life of your equipment and gain peace of mind that your equipment is operating safely.
Two inspections within a 12-month period: one heating system inspection and one cooling system inspection
No overtime charges on repairs done after hours
Free diagnostic inspection ($79/$169 value)
Indoor air quality test ($99 value)
15% off repairs
100% satisfaction guarantee on all maintenance agreements
$269 a year for 1 system